Tires are a vitally important part in ensuring safe driving on any road, as they are the only points of contact with the surface and are the fundamental basis of the entire structure. Maintaining them in optimal conditions improves safety, adherence on the road and provides greater stability, as well as fuel savings.
For this reason, from Audi Service and Volkswagen Service we want to give you five basic recommendations that will be useful to move safely on the road:
- Keep track of tire mileage and change them every 30.000 km. Remember that every 6 years should replace the spare wheel.
- Periodically check the tires, especially uneven tread wear, possible embedded objects and inflation pressure (driving with tires with low pressure decreases road safety, reduces its life and increases fuel consumption).
- Moderate speed. Driving at a high speed or with an aggressive style causes premature tire wear.
- Do not overload the vehicle. An overloaded vehicle can significantly change its behavior on the road and result in increased tire wear.
- Check the tire tread depth. The correct depth of the drawing provides greater safety on the road. Remember that the legal minimum established is of 1,6 mm, although it is not advisable to circulate with less than 2 or 3 mm.
Come to make the tire change with us and we will give you a pocket tire level meter so that you can check them at any time, anyway you can go to our facilities where our service advisors will check the status of the tires. tires at no cost to you.
Did you know?
- The penalty imposed for wearing the tires in bad condition is 150 € per tire.
- The 10% of traffic accidents are caused by wearing tires in poor condition.
- An 20% of the fuel consumption of the vehicle is the responsibility of the tires and that taking them in bad condition increases it?
Also, if you wish, ask us for a budget without commitment. CONTACT US